Longwell Partners is a full-service communications firm in Washington D.C. that specializes in high-profile political advocacy campaigns. We are seeking a Social Media Manager to join our political communications team. This person will shape the voice of our projects on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other major platforms. Some of our major projects include the Republican Accountability Project and Republicans for Voting Rights.
- Execute effective and creative social media campaigns from conceptualization to execution to analysis.
- Maintain brand story and voice to ensure consistency across all social media platforms.
- Develop KPIs for each platform, with a clear path to achieve and track against key benchmarks.
- Coordinate with the communications team to consistently promote the organization’s messages and products.
- Monitor social engagement performance and identify opportunities for optimization and growth.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends, best practices, platform rules, and competitor activity across all digital platforms.
- Respond to comments, when appropriate, in order to foster a positive community and add value to the user’s experience, engage audiences, and develop conversations.
- Create a social media content strategy calendar that supports our projects’ goals
- Experience in managing social media accounts (preferably related to politics) across several platforms.
- Have a keen interest in following politics/current issues.
- Familiar with audiences, technical limitations, and content types for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
- Proven experience creating original content for social media.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills – you can interpret results for clients, explain strategic decisions, and maintain smooth relationships, both internally and externally.
- Strong sense of judgment and appropriate tone.
- Ability to adapt strategies quickly in response to changes in the news cycle.
- Ability to manage projects independently.
- At least two years of professional experience managing social media platforms and communities.
We offer a competitive salary (depending on experience); the ability to work on high-profile political issues; ownership over projects; a Metro-accessible, downtown-DC office when appropriate from a public health standpoint; a collaborative environment; and, an ability to have an impact on the political and public policy process.
If you’d like to apply, please email a cover letter and your resume to [email protected].