Longwell Partners is a full-service, pro-democracy communications firm in Washington, DC that specializes in high-profile political advocacy campaigns. We are seeking a Communications Associate to join our team and provide critical communications support, and be a project manager. Candidate must be excited to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment. Some of our major projects include the Republican Accountability Project, Republican Voters Against Trump, and The Bulwark.
In this role, you’ll have the chance to work with many of the movers and shakers in Washington, and have a hand in defining the key conversations happening in America today. You’ll be a great fit here if you’re self-driven, if you’re invested in American politics, if you tend to feel that the right answers to today’s pressing issues are not just on the left or right but somewhere in the middle, and if you’re not satisfied doing the same thing every day (because we promise, that’s not how we work around here!)
- Respond with speed and accuracy to incoming requests from reporters
- Book and schedule interviews for spokespersons with a great attention to detail
- Write talking points and help to shape a message
- Stay on top of news-of-the-day and remain agile to respond to breaking news
- Track media clips
- Write press releases and maintain updated media lists
- Craft an appropriate voice and tone to use externally and on social media
- Self starter that can successfully brainstorm new campaign ideas
- Deliver on tight deadlines
- Voracious appetite for political news and strong editorial judgment and instincts
- Excellent writing skills and an expert eye for copy editing
- Bachelor’s degree
We are looking for someone who is comfortable being on the phone, energetic when speaking with reporters, and will maintain a high level of confidentiality with respect to all internal matters. The entrepreneurial spirit and culture of the firm provides the candidate with the opportunity to grow into a new position.
As part of the Longwell Partners team, here are some of the benefits you’ll receive:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- 100% covered medical insurance
- A Metro-accessible, gorgeous downtown DC location with views of the Washington Monument and the White House
- A collaborative environment with dedicated, smart people who are really good at their jobs and fun to work with
- The ability to have an impact on the political and public policy process
- And the opportunity for significant growth potential
If you’d like to apply, please email a brief cover letter and your resume to [email protected].