Longwell Partners is a full-service communications firm in Washington D.C. that specializes in high-profile political advocacy campaigns. We’re looking for a Media Researcher to support our creative and political communications teams.
This person must be excited for the chance to work on pro-democracy issues such as protecting the rule of law and American institutions, and calling for political accountability.
We are committed to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and addressing major political topics, and we’re seeking a candidate with strong research instincts and an interest in politics to source compelling content (primarily video) that supports our projects’ goals. Some of our major projects include the Republican Accountability Project and Republican Voters Against Trump.
- Source relevant and newsworthy media content (with a heavy emphasis on video) that exposes the dangerous views and hypocrisy of the extreme elements of the Republican Party
- Identify opportunities for rapid response content that advances our projects’ messaging
- Closely track political news and current events
- Adhere to guidelines for appropriate media sourcing and attribution
- Proven experience creating original content for social media
- Familiarity with video files and posting them to social media channels
- Acute understanding of social media virality
- Highly resourceful and a creative problem solver
- Ability to quickly learn new software and technical platforms
- An understanding of today’s political landscape, including the more extreme actors of the Republican Party
- Strong attention to detail
We offer a competitive salary (depending on experience); the ability to work on high-profile political issues; ownership over projects; a Metro-accessible, downtown-DC office when appropriate from a public health standpoint; a collaborative environment; and, an ability to have an impact on the political and public policy process.
If you’d like to apply, please email a brief cover letter and your resume to [email protected].