Longwell Partners is a full-service, pro-democracy communications firm in Washington D.C. that specializes in high-profile political advocacy campaigns. We’re looking for a Writer/Researcher to join our political communications team. Some of our major projects include the Republican Accountability Project, Republican Accountability PAC, and The Bulwark.
In this role, you’ll have the chance to work with many of the movers and shakers in Washington, and have a hand in defining the key conversations happening in America today. You’ll be a great fit here if you’re self-driven, if you’re invested in American politics, if you tend to feel that the right answers to today’s pressing issues are not just on the left or right but somewhere in the middle, and if you’re not satisfied doing the same thing every day (because we promise, that’s not how we work around here!)
This person must be excited for the chance to work on pro-democracy issues such as protecting the rule of law and American institutions, and calling for political accountability. Applicants must have strong research instincts and excellent writing skills.
- Produce influential written content including op-eds, talking points, web/digital content, position papers, client memos, facts sheets, correspondence, etc.
- Conduct a wide range of political research including on politicians, political parties, outside groups, campaign finance data, public government records, legal records, and the legislative process.
- Craft persuasive arguments designed to educate the public on client issues and translate complex public policy ideas/positions into publishable content.
- Coordinate with the communications team on promoting client messages, ensuring accuracy, and checking facts.
- Closely monitor political new cycles and research opposition, potential threats, policy challenges, and develop succinct research documents for the communications team.
- Analyze current issues and seek opportunities to promote client messages.
- Manage deadlines for multiple projects, copy-edit for other writers, and customize writing for multiple audiences, media, and outlets.
- Ability to meet all deadlines and keep up with the fast-paced news cycle.
As part of the Longwell Partners team, here are some of the benefits you’ll receive:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- 100% covered medical insurance
- A Metro-accessible, gorgeous downtown DC location with views of the Washington Monument and the White House
- A collaborative environment with dedicated, smart people who are really good at their jobs and fun to work with
- And the ability to have an impact on the political and public policy process
To apply, please email a brief cover letter and your resume to [email protected].