Longwell Partners is a full-service communications firm in Washington D.C. that specializes in high-profile political advocacy campaigns. We’re looking for a Writer/Researcher to join our political communications team. Some of our major projects include the Republican Accountability Project and Republicans for Voting Rights.
This person must be excited for the chance to work on pro-democracy issues such as protecting the rule of law and American institutions, and calling for political accountability. Applicants must have strong research instincts and excellent writing skills.
- Produce influential written content including op-eds, talking points, blog/web/digital content, position papers, client memos, facts sheets, correspondence, etc.
- Conduct a wide range of political research including on politicians, political parties, outside groups, campaign finance data, public government records, legal records, and the legislative process.
- Craft persuasive arguments designed to educate the public on client issues and translate complex public policy ideas/positions into publishable content.
- Coordinate with the communications team on promoting client messages, ensuring accuracy, and checking facts.
- Closely monitor political new cycles and research opposition, potential threats, policy challenges, and develop succinct research documents for the communications team.
- Analyze current issues and seek opportunities to promote client messages.
- Manage deadlines for multiple projects, copy-edit for other writers, and customize writing for multiple audiences, media, and outlets.
- Ability to meet all deadlines and keep up with fast-paced news cycle
We offer a competitive salary (depending on experience); the ability to work on high-profile political issues; ownership over projects; a Metro-accessible, downtown-DC office when appropriate from a public health standpoint; a collaborative environment; and, an ability to have an impact on the political and public policy process.
If you’d like to apply, please email a brief cover letter and your resume to [email protected].